General structure of the manuscript
• File type: Microsoft Word
• Font: Times New Roman
• Font size: 12
• Margins (all): 2 cm
• Line spacing: 1.5
• Text alignment: justified
• Page numbering: yes
• Please insert line numbers in the manuscript to facilitate reviewing and editing
• Hyphenation: none
• Standard division of paragraphs (Introduction, Material and Methods, Results, Discussion, References)
• Only one space after the full stop ending the sentence.
• Manuscript language: English or Polish
Category of submitted manuscripts:
The corresponding author must specify the category of the article (short communication or full length article) in the title page of the manuscript.
• Short communications
Short communications are designated to studies (observational and experimental) with character count of up to 5,400 characters (with spaces) and not more than 8 tables/figures. References, tables and figures are not included in the character count. Manuscripts can be submitted in Polish or English. Manuscripts submitted in English are preferred. Manuscripts in Polish will be translated by the editorial board into English. Manuscripts submitted in English will be edited by the editorial board. Translation and editing costs are covered by the editorial board.
• b) Full length manuscripts
These include studies and review articles (narrative, analytical) with up to 25,000 characters (with spaces) and up to 6 tables/figures. References, tables and figures must not be included in the character count. Manuscripts can be submitted in Polish or English. Manuscripts submitted in English are preferred. Manuscripts in Polish will be translated by the editorial board into English (up to 5,400 characters free of charge). Only 5,400 characters of the manuscripts submitted in English will be edited by the editorial board. In case of exceeding the number of 5,400 characters, authors are obliged to participate in costs for remaining part of text. Translation fees are 35.00 PLN per 1,500 characters (text in Polish language). Editing fees are 25.00 – 35.00 PLN (price depends on the text quality) per 1,500 characters (text in English).
How to submit the manuscript
Minimum three files must be submitted to the journal e-mail address: email@example.com
a) THE FIRST FILE: must contain the title page, abstract with the body text, references and tables. File name must be formed by the first three words of the manuscript title. Example: „Morphological changes of the lateral abdominal muscles in adolescent football players” – file name should be „Morphological changes of _title page”. It must be submitted in Microsoft Word format (.doc or .docx) xx
b) THE SECOND FILE: must contain AUTHOR(s) STATEMENT: download from www.ptha.eu xx
c) THE THIRD FILE must contain an agreement to perform the text translation (when text is in Polish) or an agreement to edit the text (when text is in English): download from www.ptha.eu xx
d) THE OTHER FILES (if necessary): must contain figures. Each figure must be in a separate file (.JPG or .TIFF are acceptable).
Title page with authors information
The title page must include:
a) Title of the paper
b) Authors’ names
First name (not initials) and last name (in italics), aligned left, with full affiliation in the footer.
c) Author affiliation
d) Information about category (short communication, full length paper)
If the text is written in Polish, an agreement to perform the text translation should be attached.
Only 5,400 characters of the manuscripts submitted in Polish will be translated by the editorial board. In case of exceeding the number of 5,400 characters, authors are obliged to participate in costs for remaining part of text. Translation fees are 35.00 PLN per 1,500 characters (text in Polish language)
If the text is written in English, an agreement to edit the text should be attached.
Only 5,400 characters of the manuscripts submitted in English will be edited by the editorial board. In case of exceeding the number of 5,400 characters, authors are obliged to participate in costs for remaining part of text. Editing fees are 25.00 – 35.00 PLN (price depends on the text quality) per 1,500 characters (text in English).
e) Corresponding author information:
Author affiliation, workplace, e-mail address (if the author wants to publish their e-mail address in the journal), phone number, fax number, e-mail address (for editorial board’s information only)
f) Acknowledgements (if necessary)
g) Proposal of at least two potential reviewers:
Name, e-mail address, affiliation
The short explanation of reviewer choice is expected.
Next pages- without authors data
In bold, font size: 16 points, centered, please do not capitalize
• Non-structured abstract
• The abstract must be limited to 250 words and submitted in English.
• Text alignment: justified
Please note that the abstract must be relevant to the topic of the body text, provide comprehensive information about the research, concisely and clearly ask research questions, and be informative of the methods, results and answers to the research questions (conclusions).
• From three to six keywords (excluding those already used in the title) should be provided in the line following the abstract. Keywords should be in English
• aligned left
• Headings of individual sections: In bold, font size: 14
Subheadings (if necessary): In italics, font size 14
• Text: font size: 12
• Alignment: justified
• Introduction should be comprehensible to the reader, introduce the reader to the topic discussed and explain the aim of the study. The final part of the introduction section should clearly specify the aim of the study and, if needed, ask the research questions.
• This part should not provide an extensive literature review.
Material and Methods
• The Material and Methods section should contain a clear description of research methodology, discuss the procedures and tools used so that the research can be replicated by other researchers. The section may be further subdivided into subsections (Material, Research Methods, Procedures, Statistical Analysis etc.).
• Titles of the subsections must be written in italics (font size 14).
• This subsection should provide description of the study group, number of participants, inclusion/exclusion criteria, demographic data (age, sex, body height, body mass expressed as means with standard deviations), etc.
• Clinical research must be approved by a bioethics committee and consistent with the Declaration of Helsinki. The relevant information should be added in this part of the manuscript.
• This part should contain the description of the questionnaires, interviews and objective research tools, including a detailed characterization of the research tools (scales/evaluation/assessment etc.).
• This subsection is used to explain how, where and who conducted the research.
• This section should provide a discussion of the statistical analyses.
• The results should be presented in a logical and accurate manner.
• The results must not be repeated in the text or presented once more in a different manner (e.g. tables, charts, figures). The contents of tables and charts cannot be duplicated. The Results section should not present the same contents as in the Discussion.
• The units, quantities and formulae should be expressed using the International System of Units (SI).
• All the measurements should be given in metric units.
• This section should refer own results to the results of other studies, emphasize new and important aspects and specify the conclusions drawn from the presented research (usually in the last paragraph). In this part, authors must also indicate weaknesses and strengths of the research.
• Citations in the text – Citations in the text should be given in the text by enclosing appropriate numbers in square brackets e.g.: “Some authors confirmed this observation [1,2]”.
• The cross-references must be numbered according to the order of citations.
• The authors are responsible for the correctness of cross-references.
• All the items listed in the references must be cited in the text. Maximal number of reference items in a short communication must not be higher than 20. In other research studies, this number must not be higher than 30 items, excluding review studies which are not limited.
• References must be formatted in the same manner as the body text (TNR font, size: 12, line spacing: 1.5).
• Names of all authors (maximum 6 names) should be given in the list of references; if there are seven or more the first three authors should be listed and the „et al.” should be added.
 Pulkovski N, Mannion AF, Caporaso F, Toma V, Gubler D, Helbling D, et al. Ultrasound assessment of transversus abdominis muscle contraction ratio during abdominal hollowing: a useful tool to distinguish between patients with chronic low back pain and healthy controls? Eur Spine J 2012;21:750-9. doi:10.1007/s00586-011-1707-8.
If article has only DOI number citation format should be:
 Pulkovski N, Mannion AF, Caporaso F, Toma V, Gubler D, Helbling D, et al. Ultrasound assessment of transversus abdominis muscle contraction ratio during abdominal hollowing: a useful tool to distinguish between patients with chronic low back pain and healthy controls? Eur Spine J 2012. Doi: 10.1007/s00586-011-1707-8.
 Hides J, Richardson C, Hodges P. Local segmental control. In: Richardson C, Hodges P, Hides J, eds. Therapeutic Exercise and lumbopelvic Stabilisation, Edinburg: Churchill Livingstone; 2004, 185–220.
 Stewart JD, ed. Focal Peripheral Neuropathies. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000.
Referencing to conference materials shall not be accepted.
Master’s or doctoral theses
References concerning master’s or doctoral theses shall not be accepted.
Tables and figures
• Tables and figures must not be inserted in the text. Tables should be pasted on separate pages at the end of the manuscript, following the References section. Figures must be sent in separate files.
• Mark the place of insertion in the body text (e.g. „Figure (table) 1 should be placed here”)
• Tables and figures should be numbered in the ascending order (e.g. Table 1, Figure 1).
• Table/figure captions should be presented in bold and left-aligned.
• All the descriptions (legends) must be added below the tables/figures and presented in italics and centered.
• Maximal size of tables/figures: 14 x 20 cm. Minimal font size: 8. Thicker table borders are acceptable.
• Tables/figures can be positioned only vertically.
• Each figure should be sent as a separate file in .JPG or .TIFF format
• Title of the table should be placed above the table.
• Title of the figure should be place after references section.
• Title and texts in figures must always be in English.